My sister in law and sister were making one, and I had to have one. The pages are made of pellon, it took about 3 yards. Then the rest is cut in felt. THe hard felt works best but the soft felt was good for the weaving page. I sewed the whole thing on with the clear thread. That way you don't have to change thread with each new color. Felt is great because the edges don't fray so you don't have to fold edges. I made two pages per sheet then folded them in half and binded it together. The other fun trick was using light fabric transfers. You find them at Walmart in the office supplies. Then you just print it from your computer, and iron it on. For words use word art in microsoft office. The draw tool at the bottom left corner has a horizontal flip. That will help you flip your letters so they will iron on correctly. TI was a lot of work but so fun, and my kids love it. I almost don't want to let them touch it, but it will be good for church or the car.
Here is a link for another cute one
Little Inspirations: Quiet Book Continued...

2 comments:
thanks shanna! i'm totally going to do this (with my mom's help) wish me luck ;)
Hey, thanks for the linky! And you did a great job! Had a lot of great ideas! Love it!
Post a Comment