This year I was pondering how to teach my children about the pioneers. They didn't seem to grasp that their journey was difficult. I know none of us will ever know how difficult, but I wanted them to know that it was not fun. So for family night we borrowed a wagon and dressed as pioneers. Then we went to a gravel road in the river bottoms with lots of ruts. They had to get the wagon to the other end
(about a 1/4 mile) and we could not help. I was so impressed that they did not complain. However, when we finished our night in Savanna's prayer she said "thank you that we are not pioneers." I felt we had accomplished a great feat.

3 comments:
What a great way to teach them about the Pioneer's Shanna! They look so cute in their clothes. What great sports to not complaine and to do it even though it was hard.
That is such a great idea. I will put that in my to do book. What a good mom :)
That is awesome. Good idea. I'm totally going to do that someday when my kids are a little older.
Post a Comment