Monday, March 21, 2011

The Gun

So usually you get family pictures on this blog, but Russell also has obsesive hobbies..I guess that is why he puts up with mine. He is our obsessive fisherman. He took up the sport of spearfishing a few years ago. As shown below. It is pretty much what it sounds like you shoot fish underwater.
This year he has decided to build his own wooden spear fishing gun. It is wood that he carved and is very impressive.

This one turned out so good he is making another one that is longer. He also got a new full body wet suit so he can begin as soon as the ice melts.??? I like my hobbies better. :)

3 comments:

Corinda said...

Wow. That is obsessive. :) I'm pretty impressed first that anyone, including Russ would get excited about doing that. But making his own gun? That seriously rocks. And, go you for supporting his hobbies!

Brooke said...

That is awesome! At least you guys have an understanding that you get to do your hobbies too.

Kolbi Young said...

You crack me up! Yes I think I like your hobbies better too! But I do agree, you're both obsessive hobbiers.....Now if only I could find something I enjoy more than shopping ;)