Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Doctors Visits

Yesterday my friend rushed her daughter to the doctor when she did not feel good and had a 103 fever. They sent her home, and kept the co-pay. It just got me thinking of all the things doctors do not want to see you for. I thought I would share. Feel free to comment and add to the list, or disagree. Maybe it's just my doctor.

DO NOT Bother IF:

-Fever over 102' (unless it is at 106 for 5 days or more, that is what they told me)
-A Rash (doesn't really matter what it looks like it's a virus)
-Cough ( unless it has lasted for a really long time)
-Constant crying (there might be something wrong..they just may not have clue)
-Runny nose (unless followed by a low grade fever)
-Goopy eyes (in babies is just tiny sinus's backing up)

Am I missing any???

6 comments:

The Reese's said...

i have to laugh at your post because i completely agree. to the point i pretty much only go to the doctor for well kid appointments because they don't do anything when they are sick :) it's a virus that will run it's course is what i always get...

me said...

Oh! The constant crying. I kept calling my Dr telling her something was wrong because Maddox was screaming for HOURS, turning blue and spitting up gallons (okay, maybe not gallons).

Finally I just called and said I was bringing him in after weeks of being told it is nothing.

He had lost weight and was down to under 7 pounds at 4 months.

Gotta love doctors and their co-pays.

Tammy Munk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammy Munk said...

GET A NEW DOCTOR !!! It is not what it use to be they acutaly helped, find one that cares.

Sam and Kristol said...

Well my kid is going through puberty and old age at the same time loosing his hair, and acne. I think we're at the end of it though. Nothing any doctor can do about that. They said he's too young for Rogain. :)

Kolbi Young said...

Okay....Ryker went to the doctor last week and I think he was on a mission to surpass Austin's weight at 2 months. Drum roll please....12 pounds 8 ounces. The doctor exclaimed, "he's huge!" when she saw his stats. Maybe it runs in the family!