Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Up all night

Well Austin is 4 weeks old. He has now developed a form of acid reflux. He doesn't puke that much but he chokes all the time. Especially at night. So now when I am not feeding I am pulling him out of bed to get him to breathe. So we don't sleep. Yesterday I took him to the doctor. They said he is now 10.3 lb...when only two weeks ago he was 7.14 lb. So he is eating way too much, making himself sick and choking on his food. My doctor said he is eating 8-10 Thanksgiving dinners a day. oops! I guess I am a good producer:)

3 comments:

Britt said...

Yikes! That's scary. I hope you can work out the kinks and get some sleep.

me said...

3 pounds in 2 weeks. That is amazing. Poor kid. Maddox was miserable with reflux- but he did the opposite and couldn't gain weight. He weighed 6 pounds at 4 months... it was rough. He was so cranky because he was in so much pain- he stopped eating. Is your guy okay with the pain part? This sounds weird but if he is... sit in a rocking chair and rock back and forth as quickly as possible. It was the only thing that got him to stop. My aunt was going through chemo and had horrible reflux and told me that was the only thing that brought her relief so I tried it and it worked.

Susan said...

Addie had reflux too. Except she puked a lot and then choked. She was on Zantac and we propped the head of her bed up a couple of inches, both of which seemed to help. I hope it improves soon so you can sleep! (((hugs)))